ClickZ had a long Q&A session with Facebook’s project manager in charge of the recent Insights overhaul.
Here are the key takeaways of the discussion :
1. The number of “People Taking about this” is the key metric Brands should really focus on. It measures Brand’s ability to create word of mouth visibility on Facebook.
2. The new Insights have been designed to allow better post-level A/B testing. Introducing a new video ? It’s now easy to see which videos and accompanying text have had the best results in the past.
3. The new “Total Reach” metric has been incorporated to satisfy Brands’ request.
4. Sentiment analysis of comments is not going to come to Insights anytime soon.
5. Forget tabs and fancy pages design. What matters, in terms of distribution, is quality of posts, not quality of pages.
6. Photos and videos are almost always more engaging than text.