Launching new Facebook apps is cool but remember that the majority of brand impressions occurs on the news feed, not on your Facebook Page.
According to Comscore, a Brand’s number of impressions in the news feed could be up to 294 times higher (no typo) than impressions on the Page itself.
To put it simply, your success (or failure) on Facebook depends on your ability to generate visibility in your fans’ news feed, not on how beautiful your brand new app is.
To maximize your results, we’ve devised a simple trick to increase your brand posts’ impact using Facebook’s photo album feature.
If you post pictures on your Facebook Page, here is how it generally looks in your fans’ news feed :
But if you’re a launching a new product or service you may want to publish posts with a bigger branding impact. Here’s a solution we’ve been working on.
The solution isn’t perfect. Agreed. But instead of small vignettes you now have a wider picture to present your novelty.
To get the maximum visibility, we advise you to post square pictures. As Facebook auto-resize your pictures to generate the thumbnails, rectangle pictures will show up in the news feed as smaller pictures compared to square ones.
Here is how to do the same with your own pictures :
1. Resize your picture to 778 pixels wide
2. Put 4 vertical guides on your pictures at 241, 267, 510 and 536 pix (x axis). These guides represents the margins Facebook will insert between your pictures.
3. Create a square selection of 243×243 pix. Place it in the middle of your picture.
4. Add an horizontal guide at the top of your square selection
You will now need to crop three 243×243 pixels square.
5. Move your 243×243 square selection to the left edge of your picture. Make sure the top of your selection is right on the horizontal guide. Crop the first picture and save it (jpeg)
6. Move your 243×243 square selection to the middle of your picture, between theÂ horizontalÂ guide and the second and third guide. Crop and save this new square picture.
7. Move again your 243×243 selection and move it to the right edge of your picture. Crop and save.
8. Finally, publish a new album in Facebook by adding your three pictures. Add the relevant texts and description (you can even insert links into the description field!)
9. You’re done!
To help you, we’ve produced this Photoshop Facebook Album Template. Download it, it’s free!
If you have any Facebook tip to share, feel free to contact us!